How to be cool? One question which has both subjective and objective answers. It mostly depends on culture if one has to be honest. Asian culture is largely based on nonverbal cues whereas the culture being followed in America is more open to a verbal one. So, it would be wrong to define a certain set of parameters for this topic of discussion. Instead, we have come with a list which universally signifies a cool guy. It coincides with being a good human.
First of all, let me ask you, what do one means by a cool guy? Well, a cool guy is a person who is
- sensitive towards people and society
If one has these skills, then he automatically becomes likable and popular. The masses endear with him. He posits a strong sense of leadership. So without any delay, let us get started with the list that I have made for you.
If you are a person in pursuit to be a good then, then you can try these.
- Stand up for something which is right, and you believe in. In doing so, you prove that you are a man of your words. A person with direction and fine judgment. In times of dire need, people will know to count on you.
- Be confident. Wear your identity proudly. When you accept yourself, then you suddenly learn to carry yourself in a manner where people view you in a different light. If you don’t trust yourself then why will others?
- Be funny. Crack jokes, make fun of yourself. Ease a little. This will help people to relate to you. Everyone likes a person who is comical. You don’t necessarily have to learn jokes but take advantage of an opportunity. If you are funny, calm and relaxed, then you are already a cool guy.
- Be knowledgeable. If you know what you are talking about and have facts in place, then you would come across as a person who is not only funny, confident but wise as well. That is a combination rare to find.
- Be original. If you keep imitating someone, then you will not give yourself a chance to shine or express. Eventually, the mask will come off. If you keep copying yourself then you are not true to yourself or the people around you, do you think they would like this? They should like you for the person you are. Gain your own perspective and opinions. Be original. Don’t copy someone just because they seem “cool.”
- Be respectful. Always know that every human being deserves to be treated to with respect. Manners come in handy here. They will always get you extra goody points. Say “please” and “thank-you.” People will be really impressed. Trust me.
- Don’t show off. I once met a guy who kept on bragging about his abs, his female fan following, and gym sessions. You know what happened in the end, I ended up alienating him altogether. So if you don’t want that to happen to you, then stay away from showing off completely. Staying genuine is the key to being a cool guy.
- Learn to take risks. Well, for a good cause. If you are a risk taker, then it would send a message that you are willing to invest and work for a cause which is noble and worth fighting for.
So, these were some 8 ways to be a cool guy. It is not based on a particular population so everyone is free to pick pointers from this article. It is necessary that our budding population change the perception of a “cool” guy. A person should be polite and kind. If he causes harm to the society, then those activities shouldn’t be encouraged. It can only be helped by guiding people. Being nice is being cool.
I hope it helps you. You can share your thoughts and opinion with us; we will welcome those with open arms.