If you are here, then I can guarantee that you have one question in mind. It is probably acting like an itch, making you brainstorm of new ways because you are out of options. Well, dear reader, you don’t have to worry at all. I am here to solve the problem for you.
How to be charming? I remember a young man coming up to me and asking the mentioned question. At that time, I had little knowledge on this topic, so the only thing which popped into my mind was, you just are charming, maybe if you try being funny then it might work for you. But over the years, I learned that some people are born charming, and some can learn this trick. It all depends on the determination of the individual. There are mechanisms of the psychology behind it, which is why I went through my psych major notes and pulled together a list of habits that can be incorporated to become charming. Not only that, the article focuses on the following pointers
- How to Be Charming to Women?
- How to be charming and charismatic?
- How to Charm Someone You’ve Never Met Before?
So, without any further ado, let us address the problem of how to be charming and witty?
Read through the points to get a clear idea.
- A good handshake is the first trick of the trade. You might think that handshakes are not important, but that’s where you are going wrong. From my experience, always have a firm grip, with a hint of assertion while you shake the hand up and down. This action implies that you are a person who carries himself with confidence and power. The two contributing factors to being charming. Make sure that you aren’t too hard while gripping the hand as it shows domineering traits. Thus, to be charming, you should be able to master this art.
- Be convivial and have a smiling face. Nobody likes to converse with a person who is too somber. The conversation then becomes awkward after a while, so when a person approaches you or vice versa then greet them with a smile, added by a “hello.” The other person will automatically get comfortable even if he is approaching to have a heated argument with you. Go ahead, and try it.
- Maintain eye contact. Strike the perfect balance between keeping the eye contact and blinking. I emphasize on this because eye contact is the direct link between people which gives away nonverbal cues. As Al Pacino said, “The eyes chico, they never lie.” Don’t widen your eyes or blink too much. You will get the balance innately.
- If you are in a group, then look at everyone. This trait will project the notion that you are trying to know everyone. If you restrict to one person, then it can be misinterpreted that you are uncomfortable with them or any strong feelings for that person. Unless that is true, please remember to look around and smile away.
- Remember everyone’s names. Will you like it if somebody keeps forgetting your name? of course not, our name is our identity, forgetting it will mean that you don’t take the importance of the person, you are talking to seriously. And we don’t want that, do we? Men this is especially for you, always remember the names of your lady interest or else it will only end in blunder.
- Give unique compliments. Yes! This is the best out of them all if used smoothly. Come up with something innovative which strikes the mind. This will create an impact on them, and they will be charmed by you. Don’t only say but mean them as well. Never lie.
- Ask questions. Try to get to know the person, ask how his/her day was? What made them laugh or quizzical today? Of course, don’t be too intrusive and ask them their personal information. This will make them withdraw from your company or form an untrue opinion about you. Ask light questions which fill in the pregnant pauses and carries on the conversation.
These are the measures which will answer the charming personality test. A basic one at least. And if you want, you can google tests based on this query as well. But remember, they are not reliable so don’t depend on them too much.
If you follow these 7 tricks, then you already are a charming fella. And these apply to both all the genders as well. you will be seen as not only charming but witty and charismatic too.
I hope it helped you!